Job Title: Insurance Industry Business Development
As a member of the Michaelis Team, you will communicate the abilities of the company across industries, organizations, and enterprises. Depending on who your speaking with, your customers will focus on insurance agents and adjusters. However, you will meet real estate agents, facility managers, architects, emergency personnel, and end users. This list is by no means final.
Your key tasks will include:
- Making appointments to meet existing clients
- Scheduling and speaking with prospects and new clients
- Understanding of client’s needs and situation
- Making presentations to promote the company
- Planning, scheduling, and performing Continuing Education (CE) Classes for the Insurance Industry
- Advising customers and prospects about Michaelis Corporation and our capabilities
- Continuously contacting your existing customers
- Recording and sending leads per corporate procedures
- Familiarize yourself with our competitors and how they perform
- Planning, arranging, and attending local conferences and seminars either to represent the company or to learn about the industry
- Setting and meeting any established goals
Your working hours will be determined by yourself, once training and association is complete. There will be required company meetings and events. Beyond these, you are able to choose your hours as long as the efforts lead to the appropriate results. Including, setting or completing enough appointments to meet the needs of all your customers. This may result in you sometimes need to put in longer hours, which will include working evenings and weekends.
You would often cover a geographical area and spend a lot of time driving to visit customers. When not on the road, you could be based in the local office or work from home.
- Professional Sales and Communication Skills
- Interpersonal abilities with Public Speaking aptitude
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Internally driven to work towards targets
- Ability to work independently along with part of a team
- Time management
- Dealing with both positive and negative clients
- Develop in-depth knowledge about our products, services, and markets